I've been thinking a lot lately about values and virtures that I consider core to who I am. I've been stewing over this for a while, and what I would like to do is write a separate post on each of these with examples from my life of why I think they are so critical, but those details will have to come later. For now I have come up with my top five:
Faith Faithfulness/Loyalty Wisdom Purity
If you had to pick five values/virtues that are core to who you are and what you want in people around you, what would they be?
Just stumbled upon Lyndie's blog and found these fantastic quotes from kids about love--Let me know which one is your favorite! My favorite are in bold. Hope these bless your day as much as they blessed mine!
What does love mean?
A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds. answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined. See what you think:
"When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love."
Rebecca - age 8
"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth."
Billy - age 4
"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
Karl - age 5
"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs."
Chrissy - age 6
"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."
Terri - age 4
"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK."
Danny - age 7
"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss,"
Emily - age 8
"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen,"
Bobby - age 7
"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate,"
Nikka - age 6
"There are two kinds of love. Our love. God's love. But God makes both kinds of them."
Jenny - age 8
"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday."
Noelle - age 7 "Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well."
Tommy - age 6
"During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore,"
Cindy - age 8
"My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night."
Clare - age 6
"Love is when mommy gives daddy the best piece of chicken."
Elaine -age 5
"Love is when mommy sees daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford."
Chris - age 7
"Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day."
Mary Ann - age 4
"I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones."
Lauren - age 4
"I let my big sister pick on me because my Mom says she only picks on me because she loves me. So I pick on my baby sister because I love her."
Bethany - age 4
"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you."
Karen - age 7
"Love is when mommy sees daddy on the toilet and she doesn't think it's gross."
Mark - age 6
"You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget."
Jessica - age 8
• Study tonight for Econ. Test Tomorrow
• Spend time with Jesus every morning
• Eat right
• Continue to be faithful with taking care of my hair right (even though it takes a lot of time)
• Get a lot done at work tomorrow
• Try to leave a bit early to study more
• Take that test (nervous)
• Hopefully have enough energy at this point to get some homework done in advance so this weekend is less stressful
• Try to clean my room this weekend?
• DO LAUNDRY
• Plan hang out with Caitlin
• Plan hang out with Lindsay
• Spend time with Peter
• Try to work on getting a game plan for the wedding gift registries
• Possibly register gifts Friday morning
• Meet for a prayer meeting Friday morning
• Fix buttons on coat
• Cancel netflix because I don't have time for it...
• Get extra bulbs for car
• Clean car...someday...
• Check upcoming movies on IMDB
• Figure out which Superbowl party to go to
• Finish Homework due monday: Unit D for Bus 219, Lab in CIS 170, Take home test in CIS 170, Read next section for CIS 170, Study about 200 pages for test in eBusiness Mon night
• Update blog
• Plan more blog updates
• Continue to keep eyes open for good twitter updates
• Try packing more lunches and dinners to save money
(yes that all really was just going through my head in the last few minutes)