- I didn't get much sleep last night. Probably about four hours. The start was mine own fault... but then I woke up at 1, and couldn't get back to sleep for well over an hour, so I went upstairs. I was occupying myself catching up on a favorite youtube channel, when I heard a scuttle a few feet to the right of my ear. Naturally, I leaped across the room and turned on a few extra lights. Gingerly, I peeked around the side of the couch, and I most definitely saw a creature skitter out of sight. It was a matter of second before my poor sleeping husband heard, "HONEY! THERE IS A CREATURE IN HERE!" As he blearily walked up the stairs, I told him we either had a bat or a mouse in the house, I was nearly certain. He was a bit skeptical, so we pulled the couch out, and low and behold, clinging to the back of the couch...was a mouse. After our bewildered 3 AM minds cleared up a bit, we put a box in the corner of the room and scared it into it, and then disposed of the little guy outside. (I'm not too worried that we have an infestation or anything at this point--we were working with the door open for over an hour on a cold day back and forth between the garage and I suspect it slipped in then...but we're going to look into some prevention/traps.)
- Despite our lack of sleep, we headed out to drama and dance and they went quite well. I snuck away near the end and got caught up on a handful of photos I had been meaning to post on Instagram, which felt like quite an accomplishment (the whole editing process takes a lot longer now that I use multiple apps, and my phone is getting slower...plus my google auto back up has stopped working, so that's meant more photos on my phone and less space on it to work...).
- I started knocking off a few of my holiday bucket list items--I've worked on my Christmas Playlists, and I must say they are coming along quite well. =)
- I began our Christmas Update Letter today! WOOT WOOT!
- Peter was a sweetheart and bought me a Starbucks holiday drink--my first red cup of the season! I tried the gingerbread latte with the new molasses topping. I realized I'm not a huge molasses fan, but when it melted into the drink it was good.
- We got the house quite cleaned up this afternoon, and we were both able to take a little nap too--it felt so productive!
- We had a BLAST hanging out with Peter's cousins, Kelsey, Kim and Kevin. They are such good, fun people and I'm so honored to call them family. I was able to use up some of the massive amounts of salsa I have leftover from our housewarming party on a new recipe I tried--Salsa Baked Chicken. It was delicious! Kelsey brought some retro games from the 70s & 80s and together we spent over 3 hours playing together to save the world--and we did it! Super fun. She also brought us a nifty little room divider that we can use to block off our laundry space down stairs--it should work perfect! And Kim & Kels brought along some yummy fruit, veggies and cake to compliment the evenings festivities. It was such an honor to have them down as one of our first house guests!
I hope you've had a great, restful, productive Saturday too, my friends. Here's to a lovely Sunday!