I’ve been pondering the word choice: "pure." Pure is a powerful word--perfect, clear, spotless, prized, without blemish. Pure carries a lot of connotations, and it’s a powerful principle in scripture. As I’ve been mulling on this idea, I’ve also looked at what’s been happening in my area of Michigan:
- A few years ago, “The Call,” a national prayer and fasting event, was held in Detroit.
- This summer, there were over 50 churches uniting in the Kalamazoo area for the 6th annual Jesus Loves Kzoo event--crossing denominations and differences to focus on loving those in need in our city.
- A similar event called “One Lord. One Church.” also happened in the Holland, MI area this year.
- Churches are uniting for “Prayer Pushes” multiple times a year in my city.
- The Kalamazoo House of Prayer is beginning and adding more hours every few months.
- Chances are there are many more signs of unity and outreach happening across my state--these are just the few events I know about!
Believers, please pray for Michigan. Pray for your brothers and sisters in Christ. Pray for the lost. Pray for the church and ministry leaders. When God moves, the enemy tries to move, too. If you’re experiencing difficult times, remember--those often precede breakthrough.
Let us join in prayer and declare that His Kingdom will come on earth as it is in Heaven. Let's join with our state government and declare, "Pure Michigan." I believe the promises of God will prevail, and that this promise especially is for our state: “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.”