Last week seemed like the first week of being back to “real life” for me this year. It was the test run of a new schedule, the trying of new goals, and it was generally and jarringly jam-packed. I sighed because life is full--but life is also good.
Peter’s schedule drastically changes every school semester--by the time I feel like I’ve learned it, it’s over. That affects my ability to create and follow routines--at least that’s been my running excuse (always so quick to NOT blame myself!). This year though, I really want to do better (says everyone always). And what’s great is, looking back, I did have a very successful week.
I was able to come up with ten highlights in many areas of my life that I met this week:
- I purchased healthy food and actually ate it.
- I took time to go visit my great-grandma.
- Peter and I had a lunch with two of our favorite people (we love you CB^2!).
- I spent time with my go-to girl Linna.
- WorshipArts started with a bang--and I get to help lead the Dance & Drama teams this season!
- Peter and I got in our couple time--including a date to see HPA’s Jane Eyre!
- I slowly chipped away at reading the Bible in 90 (read:
100 115 160as close to 90 as I can...) days.
- Church has started off the new year with so much family-love and pursuit of the things Christ has called us to!
- Work is bursting full and I’m loving it, even when I leave the day exhausted.
- Peter and I are back in the swing of things with pursuing our financial goals after the holidays.
- I even got some intentional exercise in.
Half-way through January (Shut-up, it’s the 14th!?) it can sometimes be discouraging when you haven’t met some of the goals you were so gung-ho about (write more? heh heh). But what HAVE you done? Even if it wasn’t a goal you set, what have you done postively so far this year?
Perhaps you showed up to work on time more than not? Spent some solid time with family? Haven’t missed a Sunday at church yet this year?
Whatever your victory--stand on it, and let that encourage you to keep conquering.